Dream Falls by Matt Anderson
Monday, 2nd January 2017

Dream Falls

by Matt Anderson

Upper Tahquamenon Falls in Fall Color. Tahquamenon Falls State Park encompasses close to 50,000 acres stretching over 13 miles. Most of this is undeveloped woodland without roads, buildings or power lines. The centerpiece of the park, and the very reason for its existence, is the Tahquamenon River with its waterfalls. The Upper Falls is one the largest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. It has a drop of nearly 50 feet and is more than 200 feet across. A maximum flow of more than 50,000 gallons of water per second has been recorded cascading over these falls.
Matt Anderson
Professional Photographer from the USA Award winning fine art prints available at my website link.

Dream Falls by Matt Anderson was photo of the day on Monday, 2nd January 2017. You can leave a comment below.

9 Comments

Bonnie

2nd January 2017 at 1:31 pm

For some reason “earth shots” are not coming to my mail box daily hasn’t for a while! So I find the link and come here daily so I don’t miss something as beautiful as this Matt! The falls look so clean and a super place to visit! Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous pic today!

Robin

2nd January 2017 at 4:53 pm

Excellent shot. Similar to Bonnie above, I too have not been getting earth shots into my daily email lately, even though I’m singed up for it.

Pamela North

3rd January 2017 at 2:32 am

Same thing happening here with email contact with earthshots no longer available. Don’t want to miss the fabulous photography.
The autumn colours are so strong and beautiful and the movement of the water looks really strong.

Anne Egli

6th January 2017 at 8:40 pm

I too am not getting earthshots daily, but it’s worth the effort to bring it up so I don’t miss shots like yours, it’s just fabulous. Want to go there!

Keith

8th January 2017 at 3:49 pm

River of Milk. Why do so many photographers feel they must slow down the shutter to capture a river? This is so cliche.

Matt Anderson

8th January 2017 at 5:05 pm

Keith, it was all part of my plan to get you to comment on this very day! Had I not done a long exposure you wouldn’t have commented! Brilliant, eh? It only took three months for it to come to fruition!!!

Patti

9th January 2017 at 9:14 pm

Earth Shots has not been coming to my inbox for a about a month. Not in trash or spam or anything. Hope I was able to reset.
By the way, this shot is stunning.

10th January 2017 at 5:45 am

Beautiful angle and uncluttered composition!

Dianne

10th January 2017 at 9:56 pm

Matt – Excellent shot! I live 30 min south of the bridge and have been to the falls many times. Plan your next shot during winter when they have frozen over, its beautiful beyond words!