Starry sky above old juniper tree by Nickolay Khoroshkov
Monday, 10th February 2014

Starry sky above old juniper tree

by Nickolay Khoroshkov

This is a composite image that consists of one long exposure shot (about 104 minutes) to create star tracks and one high ISO shot to capture a beautiful night sky full of stars. Old juniper tree at the foreground is a perfect "model" to shoot.
Equipment: Canon 5D Mark II, Samyang 14/2,8
Nickolay Khoroshkov
My name is Nickolay Khoroshkov. I am a professional landscape photographer based in Ukraine. My favorite genre of photography is landscape and nature. I love explore the beauty of our world and share with others.

Starry sky above old juniper tree by Nickolay Khoroshkov was photo of the day on Monday, 10th February 2014. It is tagged , . You can leave a comment below.

7 Comments

10th February 2014 at 10:25 am

Nicely done, a nice peaceful picture.

Gary LeBron King

10th February 2014 at 11:25 am

I beg to differ, I’ve seen THIS PRINT BEFORE !!!!

Bonnie

10th February 2014 at 12:57 pm

Def doesn’t look like nitetime but you captured something beautiful for sure!

10th February 2014 at 4:13 pm

Pretty

Anne Egli

10th February 2014 at 10:53 pm

I loved trees like this, and this is a great shot. Thanks so much for sharing.

11th February 2014 at 12:29 pm

I have several shots that have been taken from Flickr and used elsewhere without my permission. In some cases they’ve been used in advertising by small tour companies. There’s very little I can do about it. If I were to add one of those images to ESotD people might say the same thing as Gary. I could be accused of stealing the shot when it was in fact stolen from me. So we have to be very careful what we say.

11th February 2014 at 12:55 pm

I’ve also had images taken form flickr and used on a travel company website. I’m beginning to learn this is pretty common now. Anyway, on the subject of this image, I really like the way you’ve added the additional exposure at the end, which gives nice points of light at the end of the star trails. A very pleasing image!