Mummy by Wito
Tuesday, 23rd December 2008

Mummy

by Wito

The patience of mother is really amazing!
Equipment: Canon
Wito
Website: Website

Mummy by Wito was photo of the day on Tuesday, 23rd December 2008. It is tagged . You can leave a comment below.

22 Comments

david

23rd December 2008 at 3:52 am

great shot!

Anurag

23rd December 2008 at 7:36 am

A facinating moment, perfectly captured!
Those paws of the little fella are huge!

We should not call them beasts. I’m sure they are capable of all the love and affection that we humans display.

23rd December 2008 at 8:08 am

I don’t think we display affection and love. Animals do. We search profit in different forms: from self feeling good to money. Animals are the ones we should learn from. Great shot.

Su

23rd December 2008 at 8:31 am

What a lovely shot, a mothers ( and fathers) love for a child is just wonderful in most species. Its as we get older its everyman for him self.

23rd December 2008 at 9:40 am

I see cats and kittens do the same thing; they have very sharp teeth and claws; oooh.

mark

23rd December 2008 at 9:45 am

Cheer up John, I display love all the time. We are not all that bad. Of all gods creatures, we are capable of the greatest damage and cruelty, this is true. We are also capable of the greatest acts of compassion and love and we must not lose site of this, for the sake of all creatures. We have the future of the planet in our hands and if we lose faith in ourselves, in our ability to mend our errors and in our capacity to live together in peace, then I fear for the future of all of nature, including these two beautiful cats.

I LOVE this photo by the way.

23rd December 2008 at 9:59 am

nice capture. Very meaningful too. I would have given some more vibrance though.

Mandy Kilpatrick

23rd December 2008 at 11:08 am

Wise words, Mark, which I have taken to heart. Yes the photo is great and reminds me of the playfulness of domestic kittens. Such beautiful animals and a great moment captured on film – congratulations!

23rd December 2008 at 3:13 pm

Nothing fierce about this creature here with her baby. Nice shot.

Hanna

23rd December 2008 at 5:01 pm

Cute! It really shows the love of a parent to their child. Great picture!

Nika

23rd December 2008 at 6:01 pm

Nice! At first, I couldn’t figure anything out, but then I saw how cute it is!

planet lover

23rd December 2008 at 6:09 pm

Great photo! Amen to Mark’s remarks :) I love cats of all types. I’ve been ‘on the staff’ of a couple of them in my lifetime and I’m awed at their intelligence and affection (when THEY feel like it, of course).

23rd December 2008 at 6:38 pm

This is an excellent shot Wito. You were at the right place at the right time here. I have to laugh when I read critics and how they would have made this “better”….but you were the one out there with these playful, yet at times dangerous, animals and YOU did a beautiful job. I anticipate seeing your critics version of this same scene with more vibrance. And with another commenters reply…AMEN Mark to your comments on loving creatures of God’s that we are and CAN BE!!!!

23rd December 2008 at 9:10 pm

Wonderful moment! Sharp wih subtle bokeh. Many superb photos on your web site.

Kasey

23rd December 2008 at 9:12 pm

Nice shot! The little cub is just so cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sue Gagnon

24th December 2008 at 12:02 am

It always amazes me the way a fierce creature has the capacity for such ferocity coupled with great patience. We are all simply creatures. As humans, we have the capacity to understand the feelings behind the emotions, yet still, we are not always exemplary through our actions. A photograph like this, however, reminds us that we are not alone. I hope we can find a way to care enough to save their lives on a day-to-day basis, and not let them all go extinct. Let us, during this season, care for each other, the environment and this great world, before it fails. I LOVE THIS PHOTOGRAPH!!

Renee

29th December 2008 at 1:29 am

Awh such a incredible photo, i really just love these photos with large cats, it amazes me! :)

18th May 2009 at 4:33 pm

They are friendly too! Very cute picture.

su

23rd December 2009 at 8:43 am

This is one great shot.,

23rd December 2009 at 8:44 am

nice shot! funny thats my nick name (Whito) we share 2 things in common, name and love of nature.

23rd December 2009 at 1:33 pm

Cute and lovely shot!

Renee

23rd December 2009 at 3:59 pm

So adorable, I just love this shot!