Rocks, Sea and Sky by Malcolm Bishop
Saturday, 9th August 2008

Rocks, Sea and Sky

by Malcolm Bishop

Taken late in the day. An exceptionally low tide reveals these foreground rocks which I take advantage of. This small cove is a delight. Different every day.
Equipment: Nikon D200
Malcolm Bishop
Seascapes are my passion. I am lucky to live in West Penwith, Cornwall, England, close to granite cliffs and the Atlantic Sea. For me, the pleasure is all in the taking of the photo.

Rocks, Sea and Sky by Malcolm Bishop was photo of the day on Saturday, 9th August 2008. It is tagged , . You can leave a comment below.

21 Comments

9th August 2008 at 8:40 am

A very nice image, Malcolm, but this type of shot is becoming so cliche, on this site, and on many other sites these days, that they are beginnining to bore me a little. It is so hard to find something just that bit different. I guess the searching process is what makes photography exciting.

TomBrooklyn

9th August 2008 at 10:27 am

I name that rock “Shebut.”

Anurag

9th August 2008 at 10:50 am

I second Keith’s feelings.

Naughty Tom!!

Bev

9th August 2008 at 12:54 pm

Seascapes might be common, but i never tire of looking at them…the clouds, the movement and the colour make them all unique..and I agree with Tom…

planet lover

9th August 2008 at 3:23 pm

It is true that rocky seascapes change with every passing hour; you have captured some of those moments in beatiful pictures like this one. I thank you for sharing it. To the POD selectors, you often succeed in showing us the unique or the highly technical or the beautiful colors. For times when none of the above stands out, how about posting 3 or 4 pictures on a given day and having people cast their votes for their favorite one?

realimage

9th August 2008 at 3:38 pm

nice rocks and nice colors, but as Keith said we are spoiled with these images (no criticism for the photographer).

Brandy

9th August 2008 at 4:53 pm

This is a beautiful image! I am sorry that the comments made above take away from the fact that your photograph was selected to be on the site. If we have become too spoiled to see the beauty in scenes like this, and they have become boring I think that perhaps we should find a different site to view others photos. Perhaps a site that does not allow rocks, water, and sky all in the same photograph. This is “earth shots”. There is so much beauty on this earth. I never tire of seeing the beauty in the lands of others. I will probably never stand on the shores of the waters in England, so I appreciate so much being able to see them in so many other peoples landscapes. We have come to take many things for granted. You have been jipped Malcolm of the praise and proper critique that your photo deserves. For it is beautiful indeed.

m26skipper

9th August 2008 at 5:22 pm

I agree with Brandy. Ignor the negative comments. God’s earth is beautiful and these pictures are unique in their own way. Each is beautiful.

kaybee

9th August 2008 at 5:54 pm

i was just basically going to say what brandy just said, but she put it so well, i have nothing to add but what a beautiful shot… i wish i could see it in person… i never get tired of the diversity of nature.

10th August 2008 at 1:18 am

Art is so subjective…(sigh) this is a beautiful image. If it were my photo I would be very (ecstatic) pleased and sad (disappointed)for hearing “Same old thing.” It’s beautiful, no one knows how hard it is to get a perfect exposure and serene looking comp like this one. I think the POTD folks who choose and post need to diversify more. There does seem to be alot of these type of scenes and too often I recognize the smae names over and over. Variety is the spice of life.
Malcolm, congrats!

10th August 2008 at 1:20 am

I wanted to say no one knows how hard it is to get a perfect image like this one except people who endeabour to do so..lost my train of thought there for a second….yeah, I’ll be 49 next month, that is it. :)

10th August 2008 at 8:45 am

Please note that I wasn’t criticising the photograph or the photographer. Just the amount of images like this one coming through on this site of late. I love eating apples, but I wouldn’t want to eat them all the time in favour of pears or orange.

10th August 2008 at 8:46 am

I like the way that the subtle colors of the rocks are reflected in the background sky.

moiz

10th August 2008 at 2:13 pm

good website @ saad like your all pic.

Laurie

11th August 2008 at 9:05 pm

This is a beautiful photo. I love how the colors blend from the rocks to the water to the sky. I thoroughly enjoy photos of magnificent landscapes from around the world…places I will never see in my lifetime. Earthshots.org has been a fascinating educational experience!

13th August 2008 at 4:10 am

I never tire of landscape photography.
Thanks Malcolm.

Su

9th August 2009 at 8:11 am

I love the colours, very moody shot.

9th August 2009 at 12:58 pm

Lovely shot Malcom!

30th September 2009 at 4:56 am

They go perfect with the sky.

Su

9th August 2010 at 10:53 am

Serene

Renee

9th August 2010 at 4:02 pm

Such a beautiful shot!! Congrats Sets the mood perfectly! ;)